The Davis Master Sextant Deluxe - Mark 25
Full-field Beam Converger with quartz hardcoat replaces conventional halfsilvered mirror. Horizon and astrobody images are combined in a single fullfield for easy, reliable sights under the most difficult conditions.
Mark 25 Sextant Features
- Special mineral coating is selective for different wavelengths of light. Horizon is transmitted in one colour region and the star or sun in another.
- Improved reinforced plastic stiffens frame for greater measurement accuracy.
- High-efficiency LED (solid-state Light Emitting Diode) illumination system, which floods arc and drum with soft light. Positive “push-on” switching action, with vinyl boot water protection.
*Average LED half-life is approximately 10 years if operated continuously.
All Davis Master Sextants feature the following professional specifications:
- 18cm (7”) frame radius. Graduation 120° to ?5°
- Index mirror rectangular, 50 × 38mm (1.98” × 1.49”).
- Precision machined slow travel gear and worm mechanism.
- Highly visible, easy-to-read micrometer drum and vernier allowing readings to 2/10 minute of arc.
- Fully ribbed, three-circle sextant body for platform strength and stability.
- Large, contoured handle designed for sure, steady grip and angled back for added control.
- Seven large sunshades allow complete, independent adjustment of shading density for horizon and index mirrors.
- 3 × 27 mm star telescope with anti-reflective coated glass lenses, plus separate hooded sight tube for glare-free sun shots.
- Neck lanyard frees hand and protects sextant.
- Tough, fully padded, shockresisting carrying case with compartments for extra batteries and mirror kits.